Try this amazing recipe for a delicious low sugar, high protein version of apple pie.
Made with metabolism boosting, and heart healthy coconut oil.
Ingredients: 6 servings
4 cups Apples
1/2 cup Walnuts
1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (optional)
2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (Body Logix Natural Whey or comparable)
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil (unrefined, organic)
1 Tbsp Stevia
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and core apples, cut into bite size pieces, then place in a large bowl.
3. On a stove top, slowly melt the coconut oil in a small pan on very low heat.
4. As the coconut oil starts to soften, add in the vanilla extract, stirring until the coconut oil is melted.
5. Slowly pour the melted oil and vanilla mixture over the apples, stirring the apples as you pour to try and evenly cover the apples.
6. Add Greek yogurt, walnuts and cinnamon into the apple mixture. Stir to evenly distribute.
7. Place contents in a casserole or baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil.
8. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes (until desired consistency).
9. Stir in protein powder after baking, being sure to mix thoroughly.
Nutrition Info: per 3/4 c serving (approximate)
Carbs 18 g Protein 10 g Fat 10 g